The U.S. blood supply is facing a shortage during the coronavirus pandemic. The COVID-19 outbreak is affecting the supply for the entire country. Donations from healthy people in the Greater Princeton Area are needed to avoid an additional health care crisis.
There is a natural fear over donating blood during this pandemic. However, according to America’s Blood Centers, whose facilities, in addition to those operated by the Red Cross, it is safe to give. They are executing greater social distancing measures and infection control protocols.
Here are local facilities where you can schedule an appointment to give blood:
- Princeton Jct. – Central New Jersey Blood Donation Center, 707 Alexander Road, Princeton; 7:15 a.m. – 3:30 p.m., April 18
- Manville – VFW Post 2290, 600 Washington Ave., Manville; 8:30 a.m. – 1:30 p.m., April 20
- Sommerville – Raritan Valley Lodge #46, 14 North Doughty Ave., Somerville; 2 – 7 p.m., April 21
- Somerville YMCA, 2 Green St., Somerville; noon – 6 p.m., April 23
- Hillsborough YMCA, 19 E Mountain Road, Hillsborough; noon – 6 p.m., April 27
- The Presbyterian Church of Lawrenceville: April 28, 2 p.m. to 7 p.m.
- Montgomery Township: Postponed – Please check website for updates
- Raritan – New Jersey Blood Services,1001 Route 202 N, Raritan