On June 9 Princeton UMC closed its five-day Prayer Vigil to End Racism with a service on the church lawn, archived on our Facebook page. Here is the complete program. Here are some of the prayers we lifted up:
- We pray for an end of systemic racism that perpetuates cycles of poverty and violence.
- We name our own need on our anti-racism journey.
- We pray for the formation of new relationships that we need to desegregate our lives.
- We pray for courage to become your instrument of change to end racism.
Our prayers and our work to end racism can and must continue.
Here are some ways to help…..
- To begin your own end racism prayer vigil, here is a five day prayer guide.
- To see the end racism resources we are compiling, link here.
- To contribute end racism resources, post them on social media with the hashtag#PraywithusPUMC and send an email to communications@PrincetonUMC.org
Let’s end racism, once and for all.
One human family, in God.